Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Resolutions


We had a great first week back at school! As much as it's nice to have time off around the holidays, there's something to be said for getting back into the routine!

On our first day back, we talked about New Year's Resolutions. I explained to the kids that resolutions are like goals, and that many people make them at the beginning of the new year. I even shared my own New Year's Resolution, which was to keep our house better organized. Kate and Aubrey seem to never put their toys away, which is partially my fault. I'm often so tired in the evenings that I'm not very firm about making them clean up before bed, so by Friday our entire downstairs looks like a toy aisle at Toys R Us! It's only January 8 and we're doing great, but I wonder if I'll be saying the same thing a month from now!

The children then had the opportunity to put on fun New Year's hats and come up with their own resolutions. They had to write two school resolutions for the second half of the school year and two home resolutions. The kids really came up with some great, thoughtful goals, such as staying on "Ready to Learn" or higher for the rest of the year, and being nice to a brother or sister. Their resolutions are posted outside our door on the bulletin board, so when you come for conferences in a few weeks, be sure to take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment