Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Writing Favorites

The kids are very excited to have their writing posted on our blog! They got to choose their favorite piece for me to type. If you don't see your child's writing in this post, check back on Monday when I'll be adding the rest!
**Spelling and punctuation kindly edited by Mrs. Hofmann. :)**

Rohan
I have a very big house. That's why we call it the big house. When me and my parents and my brother moved there was a lot of trouble. My brother broke almost everything. But soon it was good. Then some good things happened. Number one my brother didn't break anything. That was very very very very very good!!! And second of all we had a very nice view. The reason why we had a very nice view was because we were right next to the woods.

Jack
Yesterday we went to a carnival. They had animals and tons of games! There was a stunt person that was on a dirt bike! And the cutest two animals were the bunnies and two really cute goats. Oh and the kangaroos because when we gave them a carrot they held it in their hands and then they ate it and it was funny too! I had a great time at the carnival.

Katie
Yesterday I went to my dad's work. It's called Mojo Sportsgear. I get $5 an hour. I got $25 for making tags for two hours. I was tired when I got home. I wanted to go to sleep but my dad said I have to do my homework. After I did my homework I got to go to sleep.

Hannah
One Sunday me and my family came to my house to celebrate my sister's birthday party and my cousins and Gigi came and my grandparents. My sister got princess dress up stuff and one stuffed animal cat and dog and it came with a lot of little doors and it's a critter clinic. I got her a stuffed bear and she got some Dora blocks to build a tower and it came with stickers. Me and my cousin we were playing with my LPS and it was fun. After we had Papa John's and we had velvet birthday cake ice cream and my grandpa tried to take my cake and ice cream so I had to stick my fork in his cake and lick it too. On Monday we got to play dress up and I fit in the Belle stuff and it was fun. Finally everybody had to go home and I was so so so sad to see everybody leave. Then it was time for bed especially me and I was so sleepy I almost fell asleep in the shower.


Cameron
Yesterday I got an I-phone from my dad. There is a game called Sky Burger. You stack stuff on the bun. You can put one hundred stuff on it. And a game called Turbo Granny. She rides a motorcycle. My sister is bad. I was so surprised that my dad gave me an I-phone.

Dylan
My family went to Washington D.C. two summers ago. I saw the monument and we went up to it but it was closed and we couldn't go in. We had a hot tub. We had a pool table. My dad is clever at pool. My dad forced me not to play pool. I begged my dad to play pool but my dad said no. And we had cookies at 8:00 or 8:30. Finally my dad or mom said after about five days it is time to go. I didn't want to go but I had to.

Devon
This year for my birthday I went to Skate Zone. It is a rollerskate and rollerblade place. Norah and Jayla came and other kids too! We rollerskated. They even had music playing! My stepsister and brother came too. We rollerskated for at least an hour. We got to listen to all different kinds of music. I fell and hit my head on a wall. It was the kind that was carpet and wood. They had a thing where kids came up for their birthday parties. They could choose what music they wanted. When it was my turn I chose Taylor Swift's "Story of Us." Then we played a game like four corners. My sister was out. There were at least seven corners there. Then we rollerskated some more and some more. Then it was time for cake. I got an icee for a drink. The kind was raspberry. Everyone else got Sierra Mist and pink lemonade and water. Nick was clever to get chocolate and vanilla with pink frosting. After everyone finished their piece of cake it was time for presents. I got a Barbi, an ice cream maker, Scrabble, a LPS doll for online, a rollerskate, t-shirt, and a you make your own perfume thing. Then I spun a wheel thing for extra prizes. These were a bubble ball animal thing and Chinese handcuffs which were awesome! Then finally it was time for games and time to go. I had a good birthday. 

Jayla
Today after school I am going to play with my friend Ashlyn. She lives right down the street from me. She has an older brother named Jake. He bothers us. They almost all the time fight. He is nice sometimes. Most of the time he is mean. I can't wait to see her. We have a friend across the street. Her name is Savannah. She has a dog named Mallory. She is so cute. I hope she is allowed to play.

Fox
Last week I went to the launching farm. I went to go launch some corn. My brother was getting apples. What we were launching out of was a cannon. It was a very old cannon. I had a very fun time. Then we got to eat some corn. We had a blast!

Lukas
During summer vacation every Thursday my Aunt Margaret came to watch me for the day. One of our days together we made bread. We mixed and waited an hour and another hour. We even played jacks for the whole time we were waiting. My aunt always had beat me but that was one of the only times I had ever played. Finally the bread was done and we had to let it cool down before we could eat it. Then we cut the bread and made delicious sandwiches for lunch and that was the last time we were being together for the summer. But I can't wait to see what she comes up with next year!

Logan
Two weeks ago me and my brother and my dad went to the zoo. My hair was sticking up in the air so I wore my dad's hat. When we got to the zoo my dad bought a pink hat for me. It said, "Columbus Zoo" on it and above that was a picture of a polar bear. I liked it a lot. It fit me just perfect! After that we went to see the polar bears. We had a lot of fun! We had coupons so we didn't have to pay. Me and my brother were glad we went to the zoo, but then my dad said, "Let's go to putt-putt!" And then my dad started to laugh. Then me and my brother started laughing! But we knew he was kidding. There was a long line so we had to wait a long time but we still had a lot of fun!

Avery
Last year I was playing soccer. It was 5 to 5 and I was defense. We had seven minutes left in the game. One of the coaches yelled BIG KICK! And I got hit in the face as hard as could be! I fell to the ground. I got back up but I felt like crying. It burned so much. But I kept playing but I had a little bit of a swollen eye. Then I went home. But the bright side was that we won.

Meredith
When I was a little baby a high school friend of my mom and dad gave my sister a lamb like blanket except it had a face and ears and it had feet. But she didn't like it so they tried it with me and it worked! I went to sleep with it and I played with it and most of all I hugged him. He was the sweetest thing ever! Well that's what I think. After many years he started to get dirty but I didn't care and I would not leave him so my dad had to sneak him in the washer but I could tell that he washed him because I could smell him. I always asked did you wash him? Did you? Did you? He sometimes said yes and sometimes he said no. And that's the story of Bego!

Ellie
If I could have another Webkinz and log it on Webkinz World I'd rather have either the Cherry Soda Pup, the Lioness Bengal Tiger, or the Tie Dye Puppy. And if I could pick just one I'd have to pick the lioness. Because that is my school mascot and I love lions!

Abigail
I lost my tooth last night. My dad was tickling me when it fell out of my mouth. I was happy that it fell out. But I wasn't happy when I had to have saltwater to make it stop bleeding. And then I went to bed. And in the morning there was a gold dollar sitting under my pillow. I was so happy when I got it. I thought I was going to get a dollar from the tooth fairy but I was still happy. And then me and my brother and got on the bus. And my dad and my mom were proud of me since it fell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment