Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We had such a fun morning going back in the past and learning what life was like for the Pilgrims on their journey to America! We learned about their experiences on the ship, the foods they ate, the possessions they brought, and what life was like once they reached Plymouth Plantation. Here are some pictures of your little pilgrims!



We also took some time this afternoon to write about what we are thankful for. I hope you enjoy reading your child's response!

Dylan--I am thankful for my brother because he is a great brother! He is a great videogame master.
Emilee--I am thankful for my grandma because she always does things for me. And buys me things that I like and want. And she also helps me when I need her help.
Darian--I am thankful for my dog and family and dad and friends and my house.
Katie--I'm thankful for my dad and my mom. I'm feeling bad for my mom because she is sick but it does not bother me because I love her with all my heart. I love my dad with all my heart and they are always there for me and he has a good heart and my mom has a good heart too. I can't wait until I get home.
Zion--I am thankful for God because if he weren't alive none of us would be here and family and friends because I would not have anyone to love and without friendship you feel lonely.
Izaak--I am thankful for Sammy because Sammy plays video games with me!
Fox--I am thankful for my dog. He is terrific. He loves to lick my hand. He is very loving. I can't stand his loving! He is very very nice.
Cameron--I am thankful for my family because they sometimes stand up for me and play with me. I'm also thankful for the army because they helped us win freedom.
Jayla--I'm thankful for my family because they're always there for me.
Norah--I am thankful for my family and friends because my family is nice and loving. My friends are nice too. My friends always like to play with me. I am happy I have a lot of friends.
Rohan--I am thankful for my parents because I wouldn't have a home. Plus I couldn't do all the fun activities in the winter like snowboarding.
Lukas--I am thankful for my family because they are always there for me. They keep me safe. They will never let me go for as long as I live. As much as I've been alive I have got loved!
Finn--I am thankful for my baby brother because he is very cute and when I see him he makes me smile.
Meredith--I'm thankful for food because some people do not have food to eat. I like food because it's juicy and good. Food helps me stay alive and I love food because it is very very very good!
Jack--I am thankful for my dog because she loves to play with me and she really likes to play tag with me. She sometimes likes to watch T.V. with me. I love my dog and she likes me too! I am thankful for my mom because she is the one who gave me life. If she did not I would not be alive and I would not be writing this letter. I love my mom and she loves me more!
Logan--I am thankful for my family because they are always nice to me. My brother Garreth loves me so much and when Garreth can he plays with me. My mom cooks so good and sometimes she even lets me help her cook. My mom also lets me do fun activities and they're always fun! I'm also thankful for my dad because he always lets me just sit and talk and relax. Me and my dad like that. I'm just thankful to have a family!
D'Andre--I am thankful for everything. Without everything we would not be here and that's why I am thankful for everything. Without school we would not know anything.
Abigail--I am thankful for my great teacher. She is really nice. I think she's the greatest second grade teacher in the school. She's the best. She is not even mean to anybody. I love her. She has pretty hair too.
Devon--I am thankful for my sister because she makes me laugh sometimes. She also helps babysit me. When she had won homecoming she let me hold her flowers.
Ellie--I am thankful for my dog Georgia because she is very sweet. She always loves to play fetch when I get home from school. I am also thankful for animal shelters because they keep animals safe and they take care of lost animals.
Avery--I am thankful for my family because they look out for me and love me and read me bedtime stories.
Sean--I am thankful for my family. My mom is really nice. My brother is awesome. My dad always plans fun things to do.
Hannah--I am thankful for my mom because she always has yummy food at Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my dad because he always mows the grass when it is too tall. I am thankful for a book called The Night Before Thanksgiving because the children saved the turkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment