Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Mrs. Hofmann's Second Grade

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our Busy Week!

Between our Thanksgiving performance, Turkey Lunch, and Veterans Day assembly, along with all of the learning that goes on in our classroom, it was definitely a busy week in second grade! It was wonderful to see so many of you Tuesday night for the children's performance! I know my own daughters really enjoyed watching "Mommy's kids" sing, as Kate calls my students! It was also great to see so many of you for the Turkey Lunch. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here!

We were very excited to have another Mystery Reader this past Friday! Norah's mother not only read to the students, but also many of the parents who were waiting in our classroom for the Turkey Lunch! She did a fantastic job!

I'm always trying to find new and fun ways to help the kids learn their word study words. This week we did an activity called "Write on the Floor," which your children loved! Before I had a Smartboard in my classroom, I used to use transparencies on the overhead projector to display things for the entire class to see. I had gotten rid of all of mine, but thankfully Mrs. Hebert, our secretary, had an entire box in our supply closet that she was willing to give me! So I gave each child a transparency and a transparency marker and told them to place it on the floor and write their word study words. It really did look as if they were "writing on the floor!" We were learning and having fun all at the same time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment